Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas 2010...............






Hi friends and family...

Well its official... I have finally ticked off No 5 off my list.... I finally had my white christmas....
This year I am proud to announce that Marcy, Alex and I celebrated Christmas at Lake Tahoe...
It was a few firsts for me...
First white Christmas
First night Skiing
First Black diamond run in Tahoe
First official whipeout by a chairlift
First car spin out in a blizzard... hitting a guard rail.....
coooool... my life is so enriched....

In San Francisco....I managed to catch up with Lisa and Dianna.. my girlfriends whom I stayed with when my journey began. We spent a fun but cold evening on a San Francisco trolly...... singing Christmas carrols..... wearing Santa hats... spreading Christmas cheer and sightseeing the Christmas lights on the beautiful Victorian archtecture.

I managed to skip the fireworks on New Years Eve and had an early night.... in preparation for the Bridge Watch programme. A friend of mind Brando Jessie created a programme called Bridge watch. The purpose of the programme is awareness and prevention of Suicides off the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. He is a truely wonderful and inspiring person..So we spent 10 hours .... walking 10 miles back and forth across the Goldengate bridge ....connecting with people... and watching out for people wanting to jump.... It was cold, windy and raining... but at the same time rewarding....The walk was a great place to start the new year, reflecting on
the completion of 2010 and its blessings, and choosing to celebrate life itself.
There have been over 2000 people who have jumped... but none on 1 January 2011 this year...
www.247woc.com/bridgewatch.htm

And December 2010 also bought us the passing of our Grandy back in Australia.
My heart and love goes out to Mam, the English and Boyle Family.

Take care and god bless..

Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment